Patrik Schöldström LL.D.
Arbitration and litigation. General commercial law and insurance law.
Patrik Schöldström’s experience is broad and deep – as a judge, a legal scholar, and a member of the bar. His experience includes several dozens of domestic and international arbitrations (ad hoc and institutional) in the role of counsel and notably arbitrator; chairman, sole arbitrator and wing arbitrator. Expert in the public inquiry concerning the 2019 amendments to the Swedish Arbitration Act (SOU 2015:37).
• Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, Stockholm University
• Director for the Stockholm Centre for Commercial Law, 2016–2019
• Judge of Appeal, Svea Court of Appeal, 2008–2019
• Member of the Swedish bar, 2003–2008. Partner, Hökerberg & Söderqvist, 2004–2008 (associate, 1999–2003)
• Associate judge, Svea Court of Appeal, 1999–2000
• Junior judge, Svea Court of Appeal, 1990–1999
• Law clerk, Södra Roslag’s District Court, 1987–1989
Tvistemålsanalys för praktiskt bruk [Civil Case Analysis for Practical Use], (2017)
The Arbitrator’s Mandate (doctoral dissertation, 1998)
A number of articles and case law notes etc. concerning notably arbitration and litigation
• LL.D., Faculty of Law, Stockholm University, 1998
• LL.M., Faculty of Law, Stockholm University, 1987
Swedish and English (reading knowledge of French, Spanish, and German)
Home: +46 8 611 61 31
Mobile: +46 708 63 07 17